City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming (7863-03)
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 Dog Grooming (7863-03) qualification covers the skills the learner will need to progress to work as a Professional Dog Groomer after completion of City & Guilds Level 2 Dog Grooming course (7863-02).
Mandatory content includes:
- Health and safety, legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Preparing, styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
The assessment for this qualification will require the learner to achieve:
- Risk assessment
- Client consultation and style a drop coat
- Hand strip a dog
- Style a wool mix coat and maintenance of equipment
- Style a dog to breed standard and health check
- First aid
Learners will also produce written assignments and worksheets to assist you to revise for the theory exam within this qualification.
The final assessments for this qualification will require the learner to achieve:
- A practical assignment which covers health checks, first aid and grooming/styling of dogs with different coat types and for different requirements.
- A written exam which covers the knowledge and understanding within the qualification. To be sat under full exam conditions (2hrs). The exam is held twice a year in June and November and you will be given a choice of which month you wish to sit it, following successful completion of the practical and theory assessments within your course.
Guided Learning hours: 300
The Level 3 Dog Grooming (7863-03) qualification covers the skills the learner will need to progress to work as a Professional Dog Groomer. The City & Guilds Level 2 qualification (7863-02) must be achieved before you can enrol onto the City & Guilds Level 3 Dog Grooming (7863-03) course.